Inspiration Home 2015: Calton Hill
The 2015 Birmingham Home & Garden Inspiration Home, located at Calton Hill in Mountain Brook, showcases the latest trends in home design. Created to live large on a smaller footprint, the Inspiration Home offers more than enough space for family life and entertaining without all the maintenance and upkeep. The overall design demonstrates that the current trend of downsizing doesn't have to mean sacrificing style or space.
Calton Hill Features
- Painted brick exteriors
- Viking stainless steel appliance packages
- Designer selected finishes such as hardwood and tile floors, granite counters, and all wood cabinets.
- Exquisite millwork including heavy crown molding, pine and pecky cypress wood ceilings.
- Smart Home packages featuring a home security system and the ability to control your front door lock, thermostat, and select lights with your smartphone, tablet, and PC. Room to room music.
- Energy-efficient amenities including gas tankless hot water heaters, enhanced R-value insulation, gas furnaces, insulated Low-E windows, roofs with TechShield Radiant Barrier sheathing.
- Gated community with privacy fences and security cameras.
Look for innovative ideas and products from our sponsors
- At Home
- Central Woodwork
- Clear Advantage Pantry
- Defining Home
- Frontera Iron
- Issis & Sons
- Marjorie Johnston and Co.: Katherine Bramlett
- Mayer Lighting Showroom
- McGowin King Mortgage
- New Latitude Moving Company
- Red Door Staging
- Rozar's Auto Paint Supply
- Smith's Floor Coverings
- Southern Pipe & Supply Co. Inc.
- Stock & Trade
- Three Sheets
Meet the 2015 Inspiration Home Design Team
Founded by Charles G. Kessler, Jr. in 1982, KADCO Homes has built hundreds of homes, including single family, townhome, and garden homes and has developed over a thousand lots in the Greater Birmingham Area. KADCO is committed to building quality residential homes in and around the city of Birmingham. Its superb staff prides itself on custom build jobs, where they can work closely with customers to make dream homes a reality. Over-the-Mountain ventures include Wellington Park and Westminster in Vestavia Hills, The Park at Overton in Mountain Brook, Pumphouse Village in Vestavia, and The Cove at Overton, which straddles Mountain Brook and Vestavia. KADCO is also building on lots on Poe Drive and Fairhaven Drive in Cahaba Heights as well as single lots across Homewood and Mountain Brook. kadcohomes.com • 205.985.7171
Architectural Design Team
Jim Kelly Custom Homes
Alan Wisdom, Wisdom & Associates,
Architects and Planners
Alan Wisdom has more than 30 years’ experience in architecture, planning, and construction industry. Wisdom & Associates’ projects have included commercial/retail developments, municipal building expansions, office and recreational buildings, banks, restaurants, self-storage facilities, numerous townhomes and garden homes, single-family, and multi-family master planned developments.
Chris Reebals, Christopher Architecture and Interiors
Chris Reebals attended Auburn University’s prestigious Architecture program where he played football and graduated with honors. In 2002, he began Christopher Architecture and Interiors with an objective to listen and create. Chris is an award-winning architect and the president and founder of Christopher Architecture and Interiors, a firm specializing in custom residential design and community planning.
Sherri Ellis / Ellis Interiors
An Alabama graduate, Sherri began designing residential and commercial spaces in Birmingham and the surrounding areas 13 years ago. With experience in real estate, building, and home renovations, she has an enthusiasm for bringing together beautiful interior and exterior living spaces.
Jason Kessler: 205.369.5187 or Maggie Kessler: 205.999.9877