Things To Love About This Year’s Birmingham Home & Garden Show
The Birmingham Home & Garden Show returns with an all new show February 14-17 at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex.
The 2013 edition includes celebrity guests, garden and landscaping tips and the latest innovations in home improvement products. The top, not-to-miss features are:
• On the Food Stage, meet Chris Crary, of Bravo TV’s Top Chef. Chef Crary was the fan favorite on Season 9 garnering over 3 million votes. He has worked as a personal chef to Michael Jordan, Derek Jeter and Chelsea Handler.
Currently Chef de Cuisine at Whist Restaurant in the Viceroy Hotel in Santa Monica, Chris Crary learned how to cook before he could drive. Crary’s cooking showcases his knack for bringing out the inherent qualities of ingredients.
• Get landscape design advice from Chris Olsen. Landscape Designer Chris H. Olsen has over 25 years of landscape architecture and interior design experience. In 2003, Chris opened Botanica, his home & garden store in Arkansas. Chris’s exceptional designs were the recipient for the People’s Choice Award and numerous other honors at the Arkansas Garden Show for over 10 years running. Outstanding use of color is a trademark of Chris’ talents. Chris dares to be different with his unique designs.
• Experience the wonder of The Living Fountain: A statue of a beautiful woman who transforms herself with magical elegance into a Living Fountain. As music plays, delicate jets of water appear from her fingertips and a shimmering spray cascades from the top of her head in this beautifully choreographed performance. Indoors or outdoors the Living Fountain makes for a truly enchanting experience
• Shop, Compare and Save. The Birmingham Home and Garden Show provides more than 300 experts with show-only specials and ways to save. With the trend of more homeowners staying put in the homes they have, an increasing number are seeking ways to add value and “curb appeal” to their homes.
• Buy Online for Deep Discounts. Everyone’s looking to save some green – show guests who buy their tickets online prior to the show can save $4 off regular $10 admission with the promo code BHOME. To bypass the lines at the show, visit www.BirminghamHomeandGardenShow.com and buy your tickets today.
• Go Home a Winner. The show also features ways guests can enter to win fabulous prizes – look for enter to win giveaways online and throughout the show.
• Advice from Local Experts. Birmingham’s leading authorities on everything from green living to gardenening to gutters will be on stage sharing tips and advice – making the show the perfect “one stop shop” for those looking to do anything inside and outside their homes.
• Two stages. The Garden & Lifestyle Stage offers presentations revolving around remodeling, interior design and landscaping. Get budget saving tips, DIY ideas & education.
The Kitchen Stage will feature live cooking demonstrations by national and local chefs, including Chef Randall Baldwin of Dyron’s Low Country.