More Than A Dream
After years of envisioning the space in her mind, this homeowner made it a reality.
From the moment Deborah Weyandt and her husband purchased their Bluff Park home eight years ago, she knew a master bath remodel was in order. “It was a typical 1990s bath in need of a facelift,” Deborah says.
So with a go-getter attitude and a natural eye for design, she set out to create the bath of her dreams. “I acted as my own general contractor,” explains Deborah, “but I was fortunate to have good subcontractors to back me up.”
For inspiration, she spent months researching ideas on Houzz.com, and she also found inspiration on Pinterest. “My eye was consistently drawn to white marble and cool white walls,” Deborah says. “I wanted a timeless, traditional bath.”
And with the space now complete, she knows her hard work paid off. “I love every aspect of the room.”
WHY WE LOVE IT
1. “Floating” Sinks - Deborah copied a design from Pinterest for the unique vanity. With a floor-to-ceiling framed mirror behind it, the double-sink vanity appears to be floating.
2. Dark Wood Details - In an all-white bathroom, the dark-wood frame around the mirror makes a bold impact. “I think this small amount of dark wood perfectly complements the white,” says Deborah. “I had to try numerous wood stains in order to find the perfect one.”
3. Statement Tub - “Freestanding tubs are all the rage right now,” says Deborah, “but I worried that it would one day date the space.” She went with her gut instinct anyway and chose the French Bateau tub. The result? Perfection!
4. Clever Storage - Since the sinks are “floating,” there is no storage space beneath. Deborah remedied the problem with two custom-built bath towers attached to either side of the
5. Locally Made - Deborah kept her dollars local by choosing “Alabama White” marble for the countertops. The marble was fabricated by Birmingham Marbleworks, located in Riverchase.
If you are wanting ideas for your own bathroom renovation, then Birmingham MarbleWorks is a must. Dan Weingarten and his staff will help you bring life to your vision. The showroom’s powder room (at right) is just one example of the work from this talented team. What once was a dark, drab, warehouse-looking space now has an upscale, modern, European flair. The marble countertop, handcrafted out of a solid chunk of marble, sits atop legs that were custom built from selected parts found at a commercial stair parts manufacturer. A wall painted in a taupe-like gray/brown complements the warm grays in the marble. Similar hues appear in the modern print of the wall tile, bringing a sense of harmony and sophistication to the room.
Visit Birmingham MarbleWorks at 2018 Old Montgomery Highway; 205.988.5585; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vanity and Cabinets: Country Custom Cabinets & Trim, 2565 Macedonia Road, Sylacauga, Ala. • 256.245.1279; Tub: Penhaglion • penhaglion.com; Plumbing Fixtures: Riobel • riobel.ca; Wall Paint: Calm Benjamin Moore • benjaminmoore.com; Flooring: The Builder Depot • thebuilderdepot.com; Light Fixture Above Tub: Lighting New York • lightingnewyork.com